Ask HN: Do you hate software engineering but love programming?
551 by throwwwwaway | 511 comments on Hacker News.
I have come to a realization that I don't really enjoy Software Engineering(& the processes that it comes with) but I do love programming & solving problems. Finding and fixing bugs is a lot of fun. Incidence response is a lot of fun. Hacking on new projects is a lot of fun. Writing unit tests is fun too. Refactoring, rewriting, sprint, agile, rearchitecting things etc aren't that fun. I like a few languages and I am not too keen on learning new paradigms or languages unless I have to. I'd rather get to value now by making something that just works(and is adequately tested) than engineer something thats future proof but takes longer to get out. What are some good jobs for a person like this?
New best story on Hacker News: Newgrounds.com – A community of games, music, and art
Newgrounds.com – A community of games, music, and art 407 by azhenley | 119 comments on Hacker News.
-
рддेрдЬрд╕्рд╡िрдиी рдкрддрд╕ंрд╕्рдеेрдЪ्рдпा рдШोрдЯाрд│ेрдмाрдЬ рдкрджाрдзिрдХाрд░ी, рд╕ंрдЪाрд▓рдХांрд╡рд░ рдЧुрди्рд╣े рджाрдЦрд▓ рд▓ेрдЦाрдкрд░ीрдХ्рд╖рдХ рдмрдирд╕ोрдб рдпांрдЪ्рдпा рддрдХ्рд░ाрд░ीрдиंрддрд░ рдкोрд▓िрд╕ांрдЪी рдХाрд░рд╡ाрдИ рд╡рд░ोрд░ा ...
-
рд╡рд░ोрд░ा рднाрдЬрдкा рдкрд░िрд╡ाрд░ाрдд рдирд╡े рд╕рджрд╕्рдп – рд╡िрдХाрд╕ рдкрд░рдЪाрдХे рдпांрдЪा рднाрдЬрдкा рдк्рд░рд╡ेрд╢ рд╡рд░ोрд░ा : рд╡рд░ोрд░ा-рднрдж्рд░ाрд╡рддी рд╡िрдзाрдирд╕рднा рдХ्рд╖ेрдд्рд░ाрдЪे рдЖрдорджाрд░ рдХрд░рдг рджाрджा рджेрд╡...
-
рдиिрдЦिрд▓ рдоांрдбрд╡рдХрд░ рдпांрдЪी рдпुрд╡ाрд╕ेрдиा рдЙрдкрдЬिрд▓्рд╣ा рдк्рд░рдоुрдЦ (рд╡рд░ोрд░ा, рдЪिрдоूрд░, рдм्рд░рдо्рд╣рдкुрд░ी) рдкрджाрд╡рд░ рдиिрдпुрдХ्рддी рд╡рд░ोрд░ा : рд╣िंрджुрд╣ृрджрдпрд╕рдо्рд░ाрдЯ рд╢िрд╡рд╕ेрдиाрдк्рд░рдоुрдЦ рдмाрд│...