Friday, January 13, 2023

New best story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Do you hate software engineering but love programming?

Ask HN: Do you hate software engineering but love programming?
541 by throwwwwaway | 504 comments on Hacker News.
I have come to a realization that I don't really enjoy Software Engineering(& the processes that it comes with) but I do love programming & solving problems. Finding and fixing bugs is a lot of fun. Incidence response is a lot of fun. Hacking on new projects is a lot of fun. Writing unit tests is fun too. Refactoring, rewriting, sprint, agile, rearchitecting things etc aren't that fun. I like a few languages and I am not too keen on learning new paradigms or languages unless I have to. I'd rather get to value now by making something that just works(and is adequately tested) than engineer something thats future proof but takes longer to get out. What are some good jobs for a person like this?

New best story on Hacker News: The Worst Website in the Entire World

The Worst Website in the Entire World 386 by speckx | 187 comments on Hacker News.