DoNotNotify is now Open Source
353 by awaaz | 47 comments on Hacker News.
A month ago, I submitted my app "DoNotNotify" to control Android notifications on Show HN [0], and it trended on the front page for a day. I was happy, but the most upvoted comments on the thread were asking for the app to be open sourced, since it dealt with system-wide notifications. My promises weren't good enough, and the community wanted more! Why didn't I open source it in the first place? Linux has been by primary driver for more than a decade. I genuinely believe in the philosophy, and have always wanted to give back to the community. The primary reason, probably, was because I was ashamed that I had 90% vibe-coded the app. More than 2 decades of writing software, and my first contribution to FOSS would be AI-generated code? Would it withstand even the most minimal of scrutiny? Would by (unknown) name forever be tarnished? I exaggerate, but only slightly :) So, yesterday, after a fair bit of trepidation, I changed the github repo visibility to public and put up a announcement on the app's website [1]. I have also submitted the app to F-Droid [2]. As before, I welcome the community's feedback and suggestions! [0] https://ift.tt/kA3q7CV [1] https://ift.tt/GO2bXFg [2] https://ift.tt/uWHD0c4 -- Anuj Jain
New best story on Hacker News: Theranos.world
Theranos.world 535 by kbyatnal | 193 comments on Hacker News.
-
рддेрдЬрд╕्рд╡िрдиी рдкрддрд╕ंрд╕्рдеेрдЪ्рдпा рдШोрдЯाрд│ेрдмाрдЬ рдкрджाрдзिрдХाрд░ी, рд╕ंрдЪाрд▓рдХांрд╡рд░ рдЧुрди्рд╣े рджाрдЦрд▓ рд▓ेрдЦाрдкрд░ीрдХ्рд╖рдХ рдмрдирд╕ोрдб рдпांрдЪ्рдпा рддрдХ्рд░ाрд░ीрдиंрддрд░ рдкोрд▓िрд╕ांрдЪी рдХाрд░рд╡ाрдИ рд╡рд░ोрд░ा ...
-
рд╡рд░ोрд░ा рднाрдЬрдкा рдкрд░िрд╡ाрд░ाрдд рдирд╡े рд╕рджрд╕्рдп – рд╡िрдХाрд╕ рдкрд░рдЪाрдХे рдпांрдЪा рднाрдЬрдкा рдк्рд░рд╡ेрд╢ рд╡рд░ोрд░ा : рд╡рд░ोрд░ा-рднрдж्рд░ाрд╡рддी рд╡िрдзाрдирд╕рднा рдХ्рд╖ेрдд्рд░ाрдЪे рдЖрдорджाрд░ рдХрд░рдг рджाрджा рджेрд╡...
-
рдиिрдЦिрд▓ рдоांрдбрд╡рдХрд░ рдпांрдЪी рдпुрд╡ाрд╕ेрдиा рдЙрдкрдЬिрд▓्рд╣ा рдк्рд░рдоुрдЦ (рд╡рд░ोрд░ा, рдЪिрдоूрд░, рдм्рд░рдо्рд╣рдкुрд░ी) рдкрджाрд╡рд░ рдиिрдпुрдХ्рддी рд╡рд░ोрд░ा : рд╣िंрджुрд╣ृрджрдпрд╕рдо्рд░ाрдЯ рд╢िрд╡рд╕ेрдиाрдк्рд░рдоुрдЦ рдмाрд│...