Ask HN: Other Devs, How Do You Deal with Socials, Blogging, etc.
13 by throwtheheyaway | 12 comments on Hacker News.
Throwaway.. because I don't want to tie my actual account to this one. People - how do you deal with the ongoing requirements it appears that jobs place, such as social network involvement. To me - this means LinkedIn posting rubbish, Twitter bollocks, public GitHub repos for sharing - even the asks from employers to post here. I, as a person have zero accounts anywhere, except for one here. I've been gainfully employed in industry for ~2 decades, and frankly I have neither need nor desire to have a "social profile". I speak at conferences when I want to, sans twitter, linkedin, etc. Moreso - I find the amount of developer advocate written blogspam (let's just call it marketing crap) only contributes to the web problems - and hence have started to block... everything, including my employer's search results (personally, with a plugin in DuckDuckGo and Google. I'm not interested in writing blog things. I'm interested in continuing my ongoing work as a principal engineer, without marketing externally on the fakery of "how great we/I am/are", or "humbelbragging", or frankly any of the rubbish I keep encountering. I just want to focus on the things we're collectively doing to be successful. So... how do you handle this?
New best story on Hacker News: Newgrounds.com – A community of games, music, and art
Newgrounds.com – A community of games, music, and art 407 by azhenley | 119 comments on Hacker News.
-
рддेрдЬрд╕्рд╡िрдиी рдкрддрд╕ंрд╕्рдеेрдЪ्рдпा рдШोрдЯाрд│ेрдмाрдЬ рдкрджाрдзिрдХाрд░ी, рд╕ंрдЪाрд▓рдХांрд╡рд░ рдЧुрди्рд╣े рджाрдЦрд▓ рд▓ेрдЦाрдкрд░ीрдХ्рд╖рдХ рдмрдирд╕ोрдб рдпांрдЪ्рдпा рддрдХ्рд░ाрд░ीрдиंрддрд░ рдкोрд▓िрд╕ांрдЪी рдХाрд░рд╡ाрдИ рд╡рд░ोрд░ा ...
-
рд╡рд░ोрд░ा рднाрдЬрдкा рдкрд░िрд╡ाрд░ाрдд рдирд╡े рд╕рджрд╕्рдп – рд╡िрдХाрд╕ рдкрд░рдЪाрдХे рдпांрдЪा рднाрдЬрдкा рдк्рд░рд╡ेрд╢ рд╡рд░ोрд░ा : рд╡рд░ोрд░ा-рднрдж्рд░ाрд╡рддी рд╡िрдзाрдирд╕рднा рдХ्рд╖ेрдд्рд░ाрдЪे рдЖрдорджाрд░ рдХрд░рдг рджाрджा рджेрд╡...
-
рдиिрдЦिрд▓ рдоांрдбрд╡рдХрд░ рдпांрдЪी рдпुрд╡ाрд╕ेрдиा рдЙрдкрдЬिрд▓्рд╣ा рдк्рд░рдоुрдЦ (рд╡рд░ोрд░ा, рдЪिрдоूрд░, рдм्рд░рдо्рд╣рдкुрд░ी) рдкрджाрд╡рд░ рдиिрдпुрдХ्рддी рд╡рд░ोрд░ा : рд╣िंрджुрд╣ृрджрдпрд╕рдо्рд░ाрдЯ рд╢िрд╡рд╕ेрдиाрдк्рд░рдоुрдЦ рдмाрд│...