Friday, February 10, 2023

New best story on Hacker News: Ask HN: How do you deal with information and internet addiction?

Ask HN: How do you deal with information and internet addiction?
525 by rqtwteye | 197 comments on Hacker News.
I have noticed that I am getting more and more addicted to consuming information so I am listening to podcasts while working and I watch Youtube videos in my free time. This is all fun and interesting but I feel this makes me want to do things less and less. Instead of working on my own problems I distract myself by listening to ever more information. I get a lot of benefit from this information but somehow it feels shallow. I think part of it is that my work is quite uninteresting and doesn't really keep my mind engaged. But the work is tedious enough that I am too tried in the evening to do something interesting. After a few years everything feels like it's a repeat. Does anybody else feel that way? Have you been able to detach yourself from the constant flow of information and focus on your own stuff?

New best story on Hacker News: The Worst Website in the Entire World

The Worst Website in the Entire World 386 by speckx | 187 comments on Hacker News.